Friday, February 20, 2009

Coloring Pages & Handwriting Practice Links

I just printed some Cars coloring pages for Esther (2 1/2) to color. Kids-n-fun looks like it may be worth revisiting since it has several pages with scenes from the Cars movie as well as other coloring pages.

My friend Kristi told me about Crayola.com -- I'm excited to have a place I can go and enter what kind of supplies I have and then be told ideas for crafts and activities! I think this will be especially useful when Esther gives up naps and decides she wants to sit at the table and be more involved in 'school'. There are also TONS of coloring pages here.

For the last week, Heidi has asked me every morning to print pages for her to work on for school. We haven't officially started school with her yet, but I'm glad she's beginning to show interest on a regular basis. I printed out some pages from Young Minds Handwriting Lessons (which I found through Mrs. Jones) for her to practice fine motor skills. She can write all of her capital letters but gets stressed with the small letters so we'll practice the shapes involved first.

1 comment:

  1. You might want to check out this website:

    Handwriting for Kids
    http://www.handwritingforkids.com/

    ReplyDelete