Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Early Readers

This week I found the series A Beginning-to-Read Book at the library and have fallen in love with them! They are simple enough for beginning readers but not trite. Autumn loves them and can read them easily. They are great for improving fluency and practicing common words. It seems that true “early” readers are hard to find so I’m excited about these.

Our library carries ALL of them too, so that’s an added bonus. The library editions also include a two-page spread in the back for “Reading Reinforcement” with word games based on the concepts in each book.This is the link for the publisher information on the books. I love how the information for each book also includes the accelerated reader reading level and the lexile rating. So useful!

I’m making a page for easy reference mainly for me, but anyone else is welcome to it if it helps them. I’m going to include the accelerated reader level and lexile rating for each book so that we can go in order when possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment