Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Getting started

Well, we’ve officially decided to homeschool and been knee-deep in homeschooling books, curriculum, and plans for the last few weeks. Thankfully we have till the fall to decide what we really want to use. It’s amazing how much is out there. I’m glad that I’m enjoying all the research. I now how a list of goals for Autumn for the year and am just deciding how best to meet them.

So far, I love things that use living books and discussion and narration. I’m steering as much away from textbooks as I can. These are my favorites right now:

Noeo Science Curriculum (a parent guide along with several living books and science experiments)

Saxon Math (yes, I know I just said I’m steering away from textbooks. I’m not sure if I’ll use this yet, but I am considering it.)

The Three R’s

No comments:

Post a Comment